Pages

3.07.2011

Betsy&Murgatroid: New Plans Forward

I have two acoustic guitars, Betsy (a 12-string Yamaha) and Murgatroid (a Guild) that I acquired in 1997 and 2001 respectively. Toward the end of my high school years and all through college, I focused on using these instruments as my principle tools for expression. Just after getting married in '03, Elia and I recorded a collection of a few of the 30 or so acoustic songs I had written using my very first crude studio, cakewalk on my MS-XP computer (no idea on specs). Despite my total inexperience with recording, the rushed job, and overall low quality, it still managed to be a hit with our family, despite several of them misplacing their copy... Nevertheless, I have decided to rerecord the album with my newer 'crude' studio. Below is my working track-list for this effort:

Soul Searching

Bullfrogs

Fascination Wonderment

Rain Turns to Snow

Moving to Arizona

Believe

Eternity

Funny Little Games

As it stands, I would like to have the record done by the 11.10 release of Ubuntu (october) and I am planning on putting out an album every 6 months from then on (following the Ubuntu release cycle).

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know I have lost nothing of yours. But ? am i able to listen to them on this site and if so how.

    ReplyDelete